The Arts Council has recently published funding for the four year national portfolio organisations. The Arts Council’s method of funding the arts in England is fatally flawed. The problem is that the funding decisions are not informed by a coherent…
More dates TBC
Social Media & Links
- Press Release – Trumpeter Chris Hodgkins releases three albums
- Chris Hodgkins launches three albums at the Pizza Express, Dean Street, London on Thursday 12th May
- Voting is now open for the 2022 Parliamentary Jazz Awards
- Joe Spibey RIP
- The ‘Salute To Humphrey Lyttelton’ Tour November/December 2021
- Review of Jazz in England – Extension of deadline to midnight on Wednesday 1st September 2021 for completion of questionnaires
- The recipients of the 2021 Parliamentary Jazz Awards were announced on Monday 26th July at 19:00
- Nominations announced for the All Party Parliamentary Jazz Awards 2021
- Oliver Dowden – lay down smoke and show a clean pair of heels
- The All Party Parliamentary Jazz Appreciation Group Announces A Review Of Jazz In England
- Yorkshire Bitter
- Nominations to Parliamentary Jazz Awards 2021 are now open
- Connects Music – Covid-19 Impact Study on UK Musicians’ and Music Creators’ Livelihoods
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Night-Time Economy – Report On Impact Of Covid-19 On UK Nightlife
- Chris Hodgkins International Quartet Tour May 2019 Audience Statistics
- Jacob Rees-Mogg wants to scrap the Brexit Select Committee – help make sure he does not.
- Submission to the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee inquiry into the “The future of UK music festivals” on behalf of the All Party Parliamentary Jazz Appreciation Group
- Submission to the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee inquiry into the “Economics of music streaming” on behalf of the All Party Parliamentary Jazz Appreciation Group.
- Jazz musicians and volunteer promoters – falling between the cracks
- A response to Let’s Create? – Arts Council England’s Strategy 2020-2030
- Ministers have come to the rescue. Artists must seize this chance – up to a point Lord Copper
- Congratulations to Oliver Dowden on the £1.5 billion rescue package for the arts and culture
- Stress Testing
- Recipients Announced For 2020 Parliamentary Jazz Awards
- Dowden does not want to let anyone down – cue laughter
- “The world looks to British theatre. So let’s get it back on track…”
- The All Party Parliamentary Jazz Appreciation Group urge Arts Council England to reinstate National Lottery Projects Grants
- All Party Parliamentary Jazz Awards 2020 – Nominations Announced
- After the war the arts came back stronger?
- Reinstatement of Arts Council national lottery grants to help jazz musicians and volunteer jazz promoters.
- Your Chance To Perform – A Chance To Help Jazz Musicians And Promoters
- The Guardian leader on culture was looking at music through rose tinted spectacles Monday 23rd March 2020
- Does Jazz Get The Money Due To It – Jazzwise March 2020
- The Observer Autumn Culture Preview needs to broaden its outlook
- 2019 All Party Parliamentary Jazz Awards Nominations Announced
- Rebirth of the cool – Streaming helps jazz reach new audiences – up to a point Lord Copper
- Parliamentary Jazz Awards 2019
- Debbie Dickinson 17 May 1957 – 1 March 2019
- Ubuntu Music – End of year report – Top marks and a gold star.
- 2018 All Party Parliamentary Jazz Awards Nominations Announced
- Arts Council England funding of National Portfolio Organisations (NPO) for jazz 2014/2022
- How music streaming saved the music industry?
- Rhythm and Reaction – The Age of Jazz in Britain – Two Temple Place – 27th January to 22nd April 2018
- Response to the Industrial Strategy – Creative Industries Sector Deal
- Arts Council England – The Next Ten Years – The Conversation, Discussing a future strategy for arts, museums, libraries 2020 to 2030
- “Opera is many things to me. Elitist is not one of them” – please debate
- Jazz FM Awards 2018 – Nominees Announced
- Arts Council England funding of National Portfolio Organisations (NPO) for jazz 2014/2018
- Jazz Education Awards announced
- MusicTank announces that it is to receive the assets of JazzUK as part of that charity’s formal closure.